Salih Yakoubov wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have problem with mail server setup using this guide for CentOS 5
> http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/CentOS_5_QmailToaster_Install
> The problem is that qmail-dk does not sign all outgoing messages.
>
> Everything in configuration seems to be ok and one of outgoing messages
> is signed but other not.
>
> I'm using the webtool below to check the domain key signature and also
> headers from gmail which says that the signature is pass or hardfail:
>
> http://www.skylist.net/resources/authentication.php
>
> A DomainKey policy record tester and selector record tester in
> http://domainkeys.sourceforge.net/ both says that everything is ok.

The DomainKey implementation in QMT is broken. Incoming messages are
intermittently checked erroneously (saying signature is invalid when it's
valid). It also does not check/honor the testing indicator for the sending
domain.

I was not aware that there was a problem with outgoing signatures though.
Given that the incoming problem is intermittent, I'm not surprised that this
problem is intermittent too, as they both share the same code (why I'm not
sure, because it's doing entirely different things depending on which end of
the smtp session it's on).

Anywise, I don't know of anyone working to fixing this. I think you'll
either have to live with it as is or find a C programmer who can do the job.
Note, there are instructions in the list archives for disabling DomainKeys,
which many toaster admins have done.