Jake Vickers wrote:
> Sergio Minini {NETKEY} wrote:
>> I always used Fedora/CentOs, but since I never head anyone here
>> speaking of
>> Ubuntu, just asked to see if someone has done any experience with it.
>>

> I use it as a desktop and on my laptop. I have 3 or 4 servers that are
> Ubuntu, and they're the same management wise as Debian machines.
> CentOS/RHEL is a considered more stable, but they also don't use the
> latest package releases.  Your Ubuntu/Debian machines will use newer
> packages, so you get newer versions of apache and bind and such.  You
> just get more updates with your Debian/Ubuntu servers than the Cent/RHEL
> ones.

I think some Debian sysadmins might take issue with that. While what you've
said is true for Ubuntu, I believe that Debian is considered to be more
stable than RHEL, and only receives security updates. I suppose it depends
on which release of Debian you talk about. Debian 'stable' is quite so,
nearly to the fault of being partially obsolete.