Jake Vickers wrote:
> Richard Baxant wrote:
>> Can you clarify on the patching part? I found this patch file in
>> sources but not sure what changes I need to make on it?
>>
>> clamav-0.9x.patch.bz2
>>
>> cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
>> tar xjvf clamav-0.93.3.tar.bz2
>> cd clamav-0.93.3
>> patch < clamav-0.9x.patch.bz2
>>
>> then rpmbuild process...
>>

> I don't think you can patch using a .bz2 file; you'd need to unbzip2 it
> then apply the patch.

I hate to correct Jake (doesn't happen often), but rpmbuild is smart enough
to handle .bz2 patch files.

> The spec file for the src.rpm should have some
> notes in it and detail (by looking at the pre and post sections) what
> needs to be done.

Creating the source rpm isn't too difficult for simple bugfix releases. 0.88
to 0.90 otoh was a doozy. The other issue is testing it (as thoroughly as
practical) before releasing it to the community.