Forwarding won't work sadly. It's complicated but it's a legal situation. As such, I need to both transparently block and archive email from this individual. The accounts that the emails are going to are active as well, so a forward is unusable.

I've tried that tread but thus far, been unable to make that solution work. I'll attempt it again. Here's exactly what I'm doing, and I'll output the results. Maybe someone can shed some light on things. For testing I'll be using completely new email accounts.

01 - Created accounts "test" and "vault".
02 - Under /home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain/test/ there is no .qmail file or .mailfilter file. Created them.
03 - Inserted the following into the .qmail file:
|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop -A 'Content-Filter: maildrop-toaster' /etc/mail/mailfilter
04 - Inserted the following into the .mailfilter file:
         if ( /^From:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ )
         {
             log "$TIMESTAMP - [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Banned redirected to Vault"
             to "|/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
         }
05 - Just for giggles, restarted qmail.  (qmailctl restart)
06 - Sent email from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
07 - Mail immediately arrives in [EMAIL PROTECTED] account.

Any ideas?

Jake Vickers wrote:
BadServo wrote:

But I'm simply unable to make it work. The mail is still delivered to the original adressee. I need to get this working ASAP, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Here's the un-altered version from the archives:

In the user's directory (/home/vpopmail/domains/whatever.com/user1/) edit the .qmail file to something like this to run your mailfilter script: |/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop -A 'Content-Filter: maildrop-toaster' /etc/mail/mailfilter

That was already there. Looks like it was created when I created the user. I looked in the /etc/mail/mailfilter file itself and I saw that it includes a .mailfilter file in the user's home directory, so I put my rules into there:

if ( /^From:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ )
{
      log "$TIMESTAMP - [EMAIL PROTECTED]  fax redirected to rightuser"
      to "|/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
}

Basically you need to make sure that you're running maildrop for each user that needs this feature, and then add a .maildrop file in their homedir. Write the .maildrop file to do like the example above. On the other hand, wouldn't it just be easier to spin these emails into aliases/forwards for the other address?