Tek Support wrote:
> Hi all, recently I had asked if there was a reason to use the port 587
> if I installed spamdyke (because spamdyke authenticated my dynamic
> users and ignored the rbls).  Well, maybe I've found something that
> would still require me to use 587 instead of port 25.  I would
> appreciate any info.
>
> As of right now, my staff are using port 25 for outbound - I just
> didn't see the need to have another port open to the outside when
> after installing spamdyke, they were able to send and were not blocked
> as "dynamic".  But the staff have been having trouble sending to
> yahoo.com, and in looking at the headers on a message that finally
> arrived into yahoo (and gmail) the headers show this:

> domainkeys=fail (bad sig)
>
> But I had gone through the process step by step and tested my DKIM
> with the sourceforge.net sites, and those showed that my dkim seemed
> accurate.  So, anyway in a brilliant flash of light I decided to try
> port 587, and on my first try I got these headers in an email sent to
> yahoo and gmail:
>
> Received-SPF: pass ....
> DomainKey-Status: good
>
> So, I guess my question would be, does something in the spam checking
> on outbound emails from pop3/smtp users (not imap and squirrelmail)
> with spamdyke, rewrite the headers after the dkim has processed the
> email which would cause my DKIM hash to be invalid when yahoo and
> gmail check it?

I don't believe that spam checking is enabled on outgoing mail, at least not
in the 'stock' toaster. So the answer is, not that I'm aware of.

Note, squirrelmail gets a 'free pass' (open relay), due to the localhost
line in the /etc/tcprules/tcp.smtp file.

Also, be aware that DK and DKIM are 2 different things. The toaster has a
(somewhat broken, at least on the incoming side) DK implementation. The
toaster has no DKIM capability.

I suppose that DK might work (better) with the port 587 configuration than
with port 25. I wouldn't know why though, as I'm not familiar with the
problem(s) that DK has. We had a fellow in Russia on the list a while back
who fixed some things with it, but we haven't heard from him in quite a while.