Hi all, I'm trying to run TMDA on my fresh (for a few months) x86_64
CentOS 5 install.  I have had nothing but trouble and after many hours
I have finally tracked it down to '/var/qmail/bin/preline'.  Or at
least it's part of the problem if not the whole thing.

TMDA requires the usage of 'preline' in the .qmail-user file like such.

| preline tmda-filter...blah blah...

At first I thought the problem was in TMDA, but after much testing,
what's happening is that preline is spitting out this error:

/var/qmail/bin/preline: line 1: hello: command not found

I have received a bounce email from the intented recipient with this
error shown, and I have tried to run preline from the shell and got
the exact same error.  So in trying to be diligent I have looked at
the preline.c source to see if I could figure out what might cause the
above error.  I couldn't find anything related.  So I greped the full
source tree for qmail-1.03 and still nothing came up.  The source for
preline has nothing in it with 'line 1:', nor for 'hello", nor for
"command not found'.  So that's why I greped the tree and no files
seemed to have those.  The documentation for preline is very slim, but
it appears that there are 3 possible arguments (f, r, d).  But those
don't do anything different for me, using them all produce the same
error.

Can anyone help me?

Preline add's some headers to the email and then forwards it onto the
tmda-filter program.  So I can't live without it.  Could preline be
corrupt?  Can I rebuild it by itself, and if so, what would be the
shell commands to use?  I can read 'C' and even mess around a bit with
it, but I'm not a full blown C programmer.

Or, is this something someone has seen before?  I have searched the
toaster documention and googled for it but I'm not finding anything,
which is odd, as I'm rarely the first person to ever encounter a
problem.

Thanks
John