Jon Myers wrote:
I've downloaded, installed qmail-intel-vm-1.4.1.zip, and have it running in a VM on my AMD box (since the AMD version was 1.3.1).

Through various reading, there is conflicting stories about post install. I see that binary packages are included now, so I'm guessing theres no "final steps" to be done, other than changing passwords, and setting the IP address? Do things update automagically?

Sorry, missed the first point.
Change passwords, set the IP, add domains. It's a finished product. I put it together to save the hassle of having to install the OS, download the packages, compile them, install them, configure them, etc. The ISO is meant to skip all those first "mundane" steps.