See response below; Eric C. Broch wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Edwin Casimero question about the Qmailtoaster's specifications for
> serving
> 10,000 email clients spur my first question.
>
> 1.       I am setting up a Qmailtoaster for 25 email clients but expect
> the
> number won't increase to 50 anytime soon, if ever. Have I assumed
> correctly
> that the standard install of Qmailtoaster is sufficient given the correct
> hardware and internet connection for this application.
>
> 2.       I want to setup the above 'system' for POP3-SSL clients using
> Outlook and Outlook Express (OE) and let individuals take care of backing
> up
> their own email. If I decided to us IMAP4 or IMAP4-SSL is there a rule of
> thumb mailbox size.
>
> 3.       If I use POP3-SSL is there a way besides setting up IMAP4 or
> IMAP4-SSL accounts for each user, or even a single account, to feed spam
> back to the server? I've been investigating this and have found that
> forwarding to a [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] account changes the
> header of the email and 'resend' using Outlook does pretty much the same
> thing as a forward. Outlook and Outlook Express are the email client
> software this particular customer will be using.
>
> Eric Broch

QmailToaster standard install should handle this spec.  I would think any
PC under 5 years old with say 512M memory could handle it.  More CPU, more
memory, more better!  Hard drive will depend on how much room you want for
each user.  Using IMAP, I would go with 20-30G for the system and lots of
extra space for the uses, say 50G.  Always overbuild.  I am going
completely from the cuff here, no expert.

I had a similar problem with spam reporting.  I found an address just does
not do a good job.  I ended up using Spam Buttons in SquirrelMail, which
provides a pipe to your command line script.  That may not work for you,
b/c you need Outlook to work.  I would suggest having the users place the
email in a IMAP spam folder then having a cron job pick up, process, and
delete them.

Kent Busbee
Director of Technology
Northlake Christian School