BePo wrote:
"Q: The configure script is stuck in an infinite loop
A: It's not. Courier is made up of over thirty modular pieces, and each one has its own configure script. All configure scripts are recursively executed. configure scripts are generated off a template, and share a lot of common code, so when configure runs, it seems like the same script is being executed over and over again." So I started again the rpmbuild manualy, and everything compiled succesfully... ( It took a long time ) I had some other problem with package with "noarch", I had to rpmbuild them by myself and then rpm -Uvh, after that I was able to use the current install script again. A rpm -qa | grep toaster | sort show : autorespond-toaster-2.0.4-1.3.4.i386
clamav-toaster-0.94.2-1.3.24.i386
control-panel-toaster-0.5-1.3.5.noarch
courier-authlib-toaster-0.59.2-1.3.7.i386
courier-imap-toaster-4.1.2-1.3.8.i386
daemontools-toaster-0.76-1.3.4.i386
ezmlm-cgi-toaster-0.53.324-1.3.4.i386
ezmlm-toaster-0.53.324-1.3.4.i386
isoqlog-toaster-2.1-1.3.5.i386
libdomainkeys-toaster-0.68-1.3.4.i386
libsrs2-toaster-1.0.18-1.3.4.i386
maildrop-toaster-2.0.3-1.3.6.i386
maildrop-toaster-devel-2.0.3-1.3.6.i386
qmail-pop3d-toaster-1.03-1.3.16.i386
qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.16.i386
qmailadmin-toaster-1.2.11-1.3.5.i386
qmailmrtg-toaster-4.2-1.3.4.i386
ripmime-toaster-1.4.0.6-1.3.4.i386
send-emails-toaster-0.5-1.3.5.noarch
simscan-toaster-1.3.1-1.3.7.i386
spamassassin-toaster-3.2.5-1.3.15.i386
ucspi-tcp-toaster-0.88-1.3.6.i386
vpopmail-toaster-5.4.17-1.3.5.i386
vqadmin-toaster-2.3.4-1.3.4.i386
As you can see, zlib is missing, I was not able to compile it :
Installing zlib-1.2.3-1.0.3.src.rpm
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.mGFkMm
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ rm -rf zlib-1.2.3
+ /usr/bin/bzip2 -dc /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2
+ /bin/tar -xf -
+ STATUS=0
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ cd zlib-1.2.3
+ /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
+ echo 'Patch #0 (zlib-1.1.4-make-test.patch):'
Patch #0 (zlib-1.1.4-make-test.patch):
+ /bin/cat /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/zlib-1.1.4-make-test.patch
+ /usr/bin/patch -s -p1 -b --suffix .make-test --fuzz=0
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.in.rej
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.mGFkMm (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.mGFkMm (%prep)
The pach seems to be for zlib-1.1.4 and I have zlib-1.2.3-18.fc9.i386. Will qmail work correctly without this patch ?

Yes, it will be fine. You don't need the zlib that's on the toaster site. That particular zlib is left over from very long ago when some of the distros didn't have a new enough version.

Hey Jake, how about we remove zlib from the toaster? I can't think of any reason to keep it around any more.