I believe that spamdyke does this, and a lot more, including graylisting.

Are you using spamdyke yet? If so, what's your configuration?

P.V.Anthony wrote:
Hi,

There is just too much spam. Especially the ones that forge email addresses.

I am thinking of setting up a reverse dns checking.

An alternative to spamdyke is by setting the following in the run file.

-p: Paranoid. After looking up the remote host name in DNS, look up the IP addresses in DNS for that host name, and remove the environment variable $TCPREMOTEHOST if none of the addresses match the client's IP address.

and the following in the tcprules file.

=:allow
:allow,RBLSMTPD="-bad reverse dns"

Currently are there anyone on this list that have sent the servers to check reverse dns? If so, any problems?

Please share your thoughts on this.

P.V.Anthony