From: Jake Vickers [mailto:j...@qmailtoaster.com] Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 7:33 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] more correct version for this situation

emili...@zoioroxo.com.br wrote:
Good morning, friends, someone who already has some experience with
qmailtoaster, what would be the best distro for running qmailtoaster,
today I get around 9000 e-mail around, I run a dell 2060 server with 8GB
of ram

Best distro? With the 8G of RAM, I'd suggest CentOS5 64-bit.
For production, I only use CentOS, even if it's not 64-bit.

Agreed. I checked the stats of a server I'm logged into at the moment. It's a P4 3.2Ghz with 2G of RAM running CentOS 5.2 32-bit. It averages 8075 messages sent per day, and 11523 messages received per day. That's a total of 19598 messages per day, or 548770 messages per month. Roughly 75 domains and 1000 users on the machine. CentOS 5 will be supported until March 31, 2014. That's a long time before you're forced to upgrade. Fedora is support for roughly 13 months from the day it's released, so you'd need to update every year (roughly).

As an update, I did a check and have 74 domains on the server with 1720 email accounts.