Eric Shubert wrote:
David Milholen wrote:
Hey all,
I need a little advise on tweaking my imap server for squirrelmail to run
a little quicker.
One setting I noticed is that the empty_trash setting is enabled and set
to 7 to empty trash that is 7 days old on every account.
 any ideas on this would be great
TM
DAve

I think dovecot's your solution, especially if you have any mailboxes with large numbers (1k+) of messages, or if your users do a lot of searching. Dovecot can be implemented in place of courier on a toaster fairly easily. In fact, we're working on including it with the next major release (not sure it'll make the cut at this point though). I can send you spec and sample config files if you'd like to give that a try.

Dovecot will be in the 2.0 version of QMT.
You may also look at imap proxy programs - we have used those in the past for clients. (FWIW - In courier I find that if I exceed 25,000 messages per folder it starts to slow down; I create new folders called (example) QMT-Archive and then move messages older than a year into that folder so it doesn't slow down my Qmailtoaster folder)