Sergio Minini (NETKEY) wrote:
Hi List,
I might be migrating an old Mdaemon server into QMT and I want to know if there is some way to import or migrate the users' mail folders into a QMT server.
Anyone has any experience and/or ideas?

I doubt it would be a simple drop-n-place. I do not know if mdaemon uses the maildir format which would simplify things.

When migrating between servers for myself, I created the new account on the new machine, and just copied all the messages over in IMAP. Not the fastest or optimal, but it does work. There was a utility out there for IMAP-to-IMAP server copies as well. Might want to Google that.

If you do come up with a successful method, please post it on the wiki. I see several people in the past have asked mdaemon-to-qmail questions, but nothing on moving messages.