John Cole wrote:
Should be obvious why I'd like to keep the new like the old -- any guesses?

No guesses - I explained what you would need to start with in my last message. You probably won't find a how-to to do this with QMT, since QMT was packaged to run a specific way. If you change how it runs you run the risk of causing components to no longer work (as you see for yourself) and are better off going back to your hand-compiled method since it will be less work in the long run than have to constantly chase issues that arise from changing the package functionality. Just my 2-cents.

**