I've had a qmail toaster running problem-free (in a VMWare server) since
early 2005.  However, since the older machine it has been on was having
recent problems I decided it would be good to migrate to a new server
(with a new qmailtoaster and OS).

So, I loaded up a new CentOS 5.3 server on a ESXi host (mostly what I
run now), and successfully installed the latest Qmail-Toaster along with
Qmail-Toaster-Plus.

I read that it is possible to copy over the configs/mysql/data from old
to new, and should have no problems, but I also read it was best to
upgrade (qtp-newmodel) before doing so.

After pulling my hair out with several unsuccessful qtp-newmodel
attempts, I decided to extract and copy over the following to the new
server:
/var/lib/squirrelmail/prefs/
/usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/
/var/qmail/control/
/usr/share/toaster/include/admin.pass
/usr/share/toaster/include/admin.htpasswd
/home/vpopmail/  (all dirs/subdirs)
Mysqldump of vpopmail
/var/qmail/users/assign
/var/qmail/users/cdb

I figured out that I needed to mod a couple of permissions and the "cdb"
file turned out to be important too, then I could easily log into the
admin-toaster web interface, and I could read mail via IMAP and/or
squirrelmail.  Currently POP3 is not authenticating, but the bigger
problem is that mail seems to be stacking up in the queue and not going
to the respective inboxes.

I've found that I also cannot "Read user mail" in the Webmin Qmail
interface (something I have been able to do as a diagnostic before). It
gives "You are not allowed to read email for any users on this system."

I'm not really sure what to look at next.  Help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Patrick Ring