Nigel Reed wrote:
After running rpmbuild -ba --with mdk103 ...spec and getting the error I want into ../BUILD/courier... then into the subdir that failed and ran
aclocal
make

This completed, so I went back a level and ran make again until it failed with
a similar error, then went in and did another aclocal.

Once the package compiled I zipped it up and replaced the distribution in
SOURCES, ran rpmbuild again and it compiled.

I am doing a similar thing with courier-imap
One thing I did do was use courier-authlib-62.2 rather than 59.2.

Whether it'll run or not, I don't know, but it compiled!

What's your reason for using Mandriva? You'd have a much easier time if you use CentOS 5.

Also, you might do better with Dovecot instead of Courier if you have to stick with Mandriva. Dovecot will be replacing courier in a future QMT release.