Peter Peltonen wrote:
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Jake Vickers <j...@qmailtoaster.com> wrote:
How large are the folders that are giving you issues? Size on disk and
number of messages?

I think they are the big folders that are causing the issues: one of
the users has a Maildir that's size is 1.8G (subdir "cur" being of
size 806M and having 5037 files).

The other user that complained about timeouts had a really big INBOX
too, but he cleaned it up.

What worries me is that Squirrelmail gets stuck for all the users...

Can i debug it somehow more to find out what are causing the timeouts?

Best,
Peter

Courier IMAP doesn't do very well with large folders. We'll be migrating to Dovecot (which performs very well with large folders) in a future QMT release. In the meantime, if you'd like to give Dovecot a try, you can contact me off list. I have installed Dovecot on several toasters with very good results.