I would use
bayes_auto_expire 0
and install the script below in /etc/cron.daily/. That will keep the auto expire feature from being run during an smtp session and causing a timeout problem.

FWIW, from the spamassassin documentation:
bayes_auto_expire is used to specify whether or not SpamAssassin ought to opportunistically attempt to expire the Bayes database. The default is 1 (yes).

Noel Rivera (Border Less) wrote:
Thanks Eric I put 660 in my spamdyke configuration and here is my local.cf

ok_locales all
skip_rbl_checks 1

required_score 5
report_safe 1
rewrite_header Subject ***SPAM***

use_pyzor 1

use_auto_whitelist 1

use_bayes 1
use_bayes_rules 1
bayes_auto_learn 1

dns_available no
[r...@mailserver spamassassin]# nano local.cf
  GNU nano 1.3.12              File: local.cf