I have a customer who is having problems with 1 domain getting or sending
email.  I realize this is a bit OT but I'm at a loss.

The
problem is with the DNS and looking for the MX.  The domain is
lernerheidenberg.com.  I have bind running locally as a caching
server going to the root servers and it can't lookup the MX.  If I
look for the A record (mail.lernerheidenberg.com) it can't find that
either.  I have the same problem on my MS DNS servers who also go to
the roots.

I can however go to some of the internet DNS test
sites and get all the correct info.  This is really bugging the heck
out of me because I do understand DNS inside and out,  and I can't
figure it out.

I have no other domains that have this
problem.  Can anyone confirm some problem here or shed a bit of
light?

Thanks,
Phil