From: an...@libero.it [mailto:an...@libero.it] Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 12:06 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Strange problem : smtp become really slow

Hi,
this morning a strange problem start on my qmailtoaster server, the SMTP service become really slow. Al the other service (pop3, imap, submission port) are still ok. I've restarted a couple of times the server and I tried also to disable rbls, spf, spamdike, clamav and spamassassin but nothing changed. There is nothing strange in the logs, and I haven't done any update or modification on the server. If i try to connect to the port 25 with a telnet session the connectiion is established quickly but when I type helo no response comes from server, only a couple of minutes later it will respond to the command .... From my test seems that the problem deal with CHKUSER wich is really slow (from the smtp/current log I see that there is a big delay between the accepted connection and the chkuser response) but I don't know how to investigate further.

Fabio