Karpaha Vinayaham wrote:
Dear All

One of my user machine was infected by a virus and it start sending lots of spam mails. As the user was using smtp-auth my server accepted the mail. Because of this my server IP is blacklisted, after diagnosing i have blocked the infected machine IP through iptable and scanned for virus.

Now the problem is solved, but i wanted to know how to control this behaviour.

With Regards
     Vinay

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_cricket_2/*http://cricket.yahoo.com>.
I don't know any trojan that can use auth sistem to send emails, classical way is to send mails using it's own "server", so blocking destination port 25 for the inside clients should solve the problem, but if there is an aplication that sends mails using auth sistem then we are all doomed :D

Regards
Lucian