John Hansen wrote:
Ganesh wrote:

Dear John,

Kindly check your /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp and check that CHKUSER setting. if it is possible then paste your /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp
contain..

Regards,
Ganesh

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:27 AM, John Hansen <jhan...@winonacotter.org>wrote:

Hi,

I'm starting to do some testing on a new install. I set up a couple of test
accounts and when I log into Squirrelmail and try to send an email from one
test account to another on the same server in the same domain, I get this
response just after hitting the send button.

Message not sent. Server replied:

Unknown response
571 sorry, sender address has invalid format (#5.7.1 - chkuser)

Please advise.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

Contents of /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp
This is the default entry for the tcp.smtp file, I haven't changed it from
the install only added the extra IP range from my network (10.) I was getting
the error before I added the extra IP range.

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"
10.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"

Thanks,
John

1) You shouldn't need to touch this file under most circumstances. You should only add your local network if you have an application that needs to submit messages but cannot authenticate. When this is the case, it's best to use a single IP address, not such a big range. This is a security risk.

2) The way you've specified it, the 2nd line will be true so your 3rd line will never take effect. The :allow... line should always be last.

I would go back to the stock settings in this file, then redo cdb again.