Jim Shupert wrote:

Eric Shubert wrote:

# yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install perl-Encode-Detect

If you do this for the other perl modules as well (install them from rpmforge instead of cpan), then they'll be upgraded automatically for you by qtp-newmodel the next time you run it, and you won't get the messages you saw before.

wow --  i am continue to be amazed
so a would the following be examples of proper syntax for "..do this for the other perl modules..."

yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install perl-Getopt-Long
yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install perl-Net-Ident

I believe so.

and i guess i have to do that 20 some times....

Yes, however many modules there are that you don't have rpms for.
You can check which perl modules are installed as rpms by doing:
# rpm -qa | grep ^perl | sort

and speaking as someone who has installed QmailToaster -- a few times but this being my 1st experience with Newmodel darn! -- new model is slick . I shaved my upgrade/install time down from all night to ~ 1 hr.
( and maybe i am learning.........slowly  )

And your toaster was down, what, less than 5 minutes? It is really a time saver. Makes me wonder why some people are still doing upgrades 'manually'.

Of course if you've made substantial modifications to the stock toaster (I'm thinking spamdyke, dovecot), you'd still have a little work to do. I sometimes forget that part, but these will be in the stock toaster in the future.

thanks again!

You're quite welcome.