If the sending (backup) server has a static IP address, you can add it to your /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp file with a record like the 127.0.0.1 record that's there. Put it after the 127. record, but before the last one. Using the full IP address is preferable to (more secure than) a partial address (range). This will allow open (non-authenticated) relay from that server. You'd better be sure that it won't start spewing out spam though. ;) It's also a slight security risk, due to IP address spoofing.

Don't forget to
# service qmail cdb
after changing that file.

Mike Canty wrote:
I have a problem with one server sitting on an outside site.  This server in
a Fedora core 7 box, and it purpose it to house backup data.  That's it.  We
have setup a crontab script to send the Logwatch details via Email.  This
site has a Windows 2003 Server managing the users, etc., but mail (at this
stage is with an outside ISP)
Until we bring their mail to my Qmail server, I have a problem with messages
from this backup server.

Mail messages are being rejected by our server because of chkuser.  See
reason below

(reason: 511 sorry, can't find a valid MX for sender domain (#5.1.1 -
chkuser))
... while talking to colloweb.collotype.com.au.:
MAIL From:<r...@servername.sitedomain.com.au> SIZE=1863
<<< 511 sorry, can't find a valid MX for sender domain (#5.1.1 - chkuser)
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Is there a way we can allow the actual user through chkuser?  I don't want
to allow this one at the expense of allowing others through, just this one.

I have tried aliasing the messages through the external ISP, but the same
problem occurs.

Maybe I should try and modify the Sendmail configuration on the sending
server.  Not my preferred option.

Cheers
Mike Canty