amit IKF wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Whenever i go qtp-install-spamdyke from qtp-menu, I use to see below message. Is this mean spamdyke is not installed on my server or not getting update. How do I confirm whether it got installed and scanning my emails or not?

Issuing command: qtp-install-spamdyke
qtp-install-spamdyke v0.3 - getting latest spamdyke version ...
qtp-install-spamdyke v0.3 - downloading spamdyke-4.0.10 ...
qtp-install-spamdyke v0.3 - compiling spamdyke-4.0.10 ...
qtp-install-spamdyke v0.3 - Installation of spamdyke-4.0.10 is complete.
qtp-install-spamdyke v0.3 - upgraded spamdyke is automatically active.

Thanks and regards,

Amit

The install script doesn't check to see if you already have the latest version installed. It presumes that you've checked that manually. If you rerun it, it will obligingly install the latest version once again.

To see if it's working or not, do:
# qmlog -g DENIED smtp
If you see messages, it's working.

BTW, spamdyke does not scan emails. It blocks them before they're even transmitted. If they pass spamdyke, then they're passed on to simscan, which controls scanning by spamassassin and clamav.