Jake Vickers wrote:
Tricube wrote:
Awsome Jake,
Look forward to the new ISO

madmac

Jake Vickers wrote:
I've created a CentQMT5 x86_64 Edition ISO. It is available for download (with a download fee of $20) here:
http://www.vcghosting.com/cart.php?ca=add_other&oid=26

I had promised someone in the past that I would let them get the 64-bit edition when they purchased the 32-bit edition, but I do not remember who that person was. So, if you purchased a download of the 32-bit edition at any time in the past, log into your account at my cart and open a ticket and I will give you access to the x86_64 edition at no additional charge. I'm also going to send an email similar to this one to everyone who has purchased a download, so don't be surprised if you receive a second email from me on this subject. The other email will follow in the next day or two.

So to recap, if you have paid for a download of the CentQMT5 ISO in the past and would like access to the 64-bit version, log into your account at www.vcghosting.com and open a ticket asking for access. Once we have reviewed your account you will be granted access (usually in 24-hours or less).

If you have never paid for a download previously, then you may pay for a download of the 32-bit ISO here:
http://www.vcghosting.com/cart.php?ca=add_other&oid=4
Or the 64-bit ISO here:
http://www.vcghosting.com/cart.php?ca=add_other&oid=26
They will be separate purchases.

Thanks!

I will say that it is pretty quick. While not too functionally different than the 32-bit version, 64 bit is noticeably faster. I also updated the artwork during the boot phase to make the 64-bit version more noticeable. Of course Redhat *still* hasn't patched anaconda, so I had to manually patch it to allow the installation to occur (the version of stage2.img that is supplied by RHEL/CentOS ejects the media before the %post of the kickstart). Wish they would patch that - the fix has been there for almost 2 years.
Anyway, enjoy!

Redhat doesn't seem to be keeping up with newer software and changes very well. EL5 is (still) running samba-3.0, and samba-3.2 is already out of maintenance. The only good thing I can think of about that is stability. I'm eagerly awaiting EL6.