Everything about it is simple and easy (only not gui). Setting up differing configurations for different domains is a little tricky, but that's about the toughest thing you'd do with it, and it's rarely needed.

qtp-install-spamdyke does all of the work for you. Read the wiki page (http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Spamdyke) and refer to the spamdyke documentation as needed (http://spamdyke.org/documentation/README.html).

d...@acbsco.com wrote:
Thanks Eric. I am not currently using spamdyke. It seems as though many
on this list are. I will have to review spamdyke docs and decide if it
is right for my implementation. Are you saying spamdyke is easy to turn
on/off or just it's logging? I don't want to install spamdyke if it is
difficult / time consuming to turn off.

Thanks,
Dave

Eric Shubert wrote:
spamdyke's detailed logging facility is sweet. It logs the full
session much like recordio, but puts each session in its own file so
it's a lot easier to find what you're interested in. Also easier to
turn on and off. FWIW

d...@acbsco.com wrote:
Thanks Jake.
Ok I added the NOP0FCHECK to each line in my tcp.smtp file and compiled
tcp.smtp cdb.
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"

192.168.105.:allow,SENDER_NOCHECK="1",RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"

192.168.5.20:allow,SENDER_NOCHECK="1",RELAYCLIENT="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
207.224.XXX.XXX:allow,SENDER_NOCHECK="1",NOP0FCHECK="1"
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/d

omainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"

Still can't send the email through.

Here is my empf sample policy file:
domainA.com:LREI,bkkg:reR(*...@quixx.com,serv...@xxxxchecks.com,c...@xgift.com,sa...@xawards.com,i...@xsupplies.com,aor...@xsyst

ems.com)E(*...@domainb.com),payroll:reE(*...@domainb.com),de:reE(*...@out-source-xxx.com,a...@yahoo.com),

I am starting to think it may be an issue with how the php program that
submits the email is authenticating. This would mean that it is an
ongoing problem that I just now noticed. :(  I will do more
investigation in that direction. In the meantime, any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Jake Vickers wrote:
d...@acbsco.com wrote:
Now if I go to domainA.com and fill out the "contact us" form
giving my
email address as someu...@domainb.com and opt to receive a copy of the
email, this is where it breaks. The webmas...@domaina.com receives an
email, but someu...@domaina.com never does. Looking in the
/var/log/send/current file on jupiter (webserver) it has a message
stating:
@400000004aa1615433bd143c delivery 136: failure:
User_and_password_not_set,_continuing_without_authentication./207.224.XXX.XXX_does_not_like_recipient./

Remote_host_said:_550_cannot_message_someu...@domainb.com_(#5.0.0_denied_by_policy)/Giving_up_on_207.224.XXX.XXX./

However, if I fill out the same form using an external email account
myacco...@gmail.com both emails are delivered successfully.  I have
seen
the "denied_by_policy" message and it is associated with eMPF. If I
emtpy the eMPF's policy file, reload qmail, and fill out the web form
again, then all emails go through. Both internal and external.

I don't understand why emails to domainB.com are being denied when
domainB.com has no entries in the eMPF policy file and by default is
permitted to send and receive any email.
Show us our empf config.

I have also checked my tcp.smtp file - it has not changed except
for the
"NOP0FCHECK="1" in the 127.:allow line.

You should have NOP0FCHECK for every line in your tcp.smtp file.
Why not show us your tcp.smtp file as well.

I was thinking of trying to use recordio and see what I get, but
haven't
gotten that far. Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this
further?

Really sorry about how convoluted this is, but I can't be the only one
needing to prevent certain users from sending and receiving external
emails. Maybe there is a better way. If so, I am all ears. Up to now,
eMPF has performed admirably.

No, you're not the only person using it. I added it in the stock
package because it was repeatedly requested. You're the only one
having an issue though. It has not been included by default for a year
yet, so I'm assuming you added it in yourself previously.