That sounds pretty nasty. Changing the password and using iptables to block are the only mechanisms I'm aware of in the toaster.

Making the 'from' address adhere to certain rules seems reasonable to me. I would think that eMPF would have such a thing, but on first glance I don't see that it does. I would try the eMPF list. If it's not a present feature, perhaps you can find someone to add it to eMPF.

Rajesh M wrote:
hi

yes i am positive that all the spam was sent thru my server.

this company has a office server with fetchmail, around 300 users aliased
to a catchall account.

some spammer hacked into their server, put a script which shot of spam
email and landed my server blacklisted by barracudanetworks and also
spamhaus

another time some user's email id / pass was compromised and the hacker
connected to their server remotely and sent out emails.

i had to block the static ip of the company to stop the spam.

thanks
rajesh

Have you changed the password for the compromised user?

d...@acbsco.com wrote:
Rajesh,
I don't think empf can help with your issue. empf  defines who an
/authenticated/ user can send and receive emails to and from. Since the
user is authenticating, empf will not help.

Are you sure the email is being sent from your server? Can you actually
see the email going out through your server? Sounds more like "Joe Job"
spam to me.

A M visits this list - and is much more familiar with empf than I am.
Maybe he knows of a why in which empf can help you.

Dave

Rajesh M wrote:
hello friends

how to achieve the following using empf

i want to prevent misuse of my mail servers by means of masquerading --
ie
user authenticates as user @ domain_on_my_server.com plus password but
changes the mail from to user @ yahoo.com etc ... i had several
incidences
of such a kind of spamming because the user's computer gets
compromised.

basically what i need is that if abc.com is hosted on my server then
user
@ abc.com can smtp authenticate and send emails only if the "mail from"
email id contains : abc.com

thanks