Patrick Ring wrote:
So far between the couple of answer I've got here, and the research I had been doing. The concensus is about the same. ...It seems people who have been around Linux for a while prefer the straight partitioning methods. I would personally think that LVM would put a slight performance load on the server as well which could hinder the sometimes very disk intensive nature of QmailToaster and its packages.

Probably a very true statement (about people who have been around Linux a while). LVM does incur a write delay depending on hardware (read: most hardware) but provides a speed boost on reads, like RAID 0 would since you're reading from multiple drives at the same time. For your average network connection, this is not noticed in any form. There is a big difference in the speed of network connections (mega BITS) compared to a physical drive (mega BYTES). OT - I get a ironic chuckle out of the people that "NEED" the 100Mb wireless routers because their Internet is slow on their cable modem (5Mb down).