That is explained quite thoroughly in the documentation.

Maxwell Smart wrote:
Yes, but doesn't it process the whitelist first?

Eric Shubert wrote:
No, spamdyke uses DNS extensively, so broken DNS leads to broken
spamdyke.

Maxwell Smart wrote:
I agree to a certain point to.  Originally my question was why doesn't
Spamdyke allow those addresses in my whitelist's  Even if I have the
pacbell address in the whitelist.   According to the documentation this
should allow these through the filter, regardless of my DNS
configuration.

Eric Shubert wrote: