d...@acbsco.com wrote:
I actually use eMPF. I have used it for six months or so. It works just as advertised. I was surprised to continue seeing the "policy_check" line in the smtp log file after removing the policy control file and restarting qmail. Not sure why qmail seems to continue running eMPF checks after this.
Dave

Because of the way the eMPF patch is written. Everything gets routed through it, and it then checks for the config file. It adds the log entry before it checks for the existence of the config file. Ideally it would have been written to check for the existence of the config file first, but that is not the way the author designed it. He assumed that if you were adding the patch, you were going to use it.