I think you missed what I was trying to get at.  You're using your internal
servers for your users to connect to, and send mail, right?  Yet, you have
your internal server try to relay through the QMT server.  Since that server
is requiring authentication, the QMT server is rejecting it.

Why not have your internal server deliver your user mail directly to the
remote mail server, not relaying it through your QMT servers.

IE, instead of:

YOURINTERNALSERVER -> YOURQMT -> REMOTESERVER

why not:

YOURINTERNALSERVER -> REMOTE SERVER

If you remove the info in smtrproutes, the server should deliver the mail
directly to the destination server by using MX record information, which
should work, and there should be no log entry in the QMT servers logs.  If
there is, then your internal server is still trying to send all mail via the
QMT..  Make sure you've restarted qmail, you might even try rebooting to
make sure it's reloaded the correct smtproutes info.

Michael J. Colvin

NorCal Internet Services

 <http://www.norcalisp.com/> www.norcalisp.com

 <http://www.norcalisp.com/>