nicole thomson wrote:

thanks eric

-r sbl.spamhaus.org is the list in blacklists

That's ok for minimal checking. zen.spamhaus.org would be a little tighter, as it combines the sbl.spamhaus.org, xbl.spamhaus.org and pbl.spamhaus.org lists into one. See http://www.spamhaus.org for details on these RBLs.

btw, i am using djbdns localcache as per qmailtoaster wiki doc, at present i stopped it and using my ISP's dns server ip in my resolv.conf. Will this be the reason for rdns?

Which DNS server you use for resolution has nothing to do with rDNS.
I don't use djbdns (I use caching-nameserver and bind-chroot packages instead) so I can't be much help debugging your djbdns setup if it has problems. I do know that you can test to see if it's working by doing:
# dig @127.0.0.1 google.com
while your djbdns is running. You should get back:
;; ANSWER SECTION:
google.com.             300     IN      A       74.125.45.100
google.com.             300     IN      A       74.125.53.100
google.com.             300     IN      A       74.125.67.100

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
google.com.             48652   IN      NS      ns3.google.com.
google.com.             48652   IN      NS      ns4.google.com.
google.com.             48652   IN      NS      ns1.google.com.
google.com.             48652   IN      NS      ns2.google.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.google.com.         48652   IN      A       216.239.32.10
ns2.google.com.         48652   IN      A       216.239.34.10
ns3.google.com.         48652   IN      A       216.239.36.10
ns4.google.com.         48652   IN      A       216.239.38.10

;; Query time: 117 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Dec  2 20:52:00 2009
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 212

The SERVER line tells you which server provided the answer to your inquiry (in this case your localhost DNS server).

If your DNS resolver (djbdns in your case) is working ok, you can change your /etc/resolv.conf to include:
nameserver 127.0.0.1
as the first nameserver listed in the file. You should probably leave your ISP's DNS server(s) listed afterwards, as they'd be tried should your djbdns resolver have a problem. If that happens, your DNS and mail flow will become sluggish.

if i start djbdns by /etc/init.d/djbdns start and use 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf, will it sends the mails globally?

There should be no functional difference between using djbdns and 127.0.0.1 vs your ISP's DNS resolver(s), provided both resolvers are working properly. Using djbdns will help your QMT server to run a little faster is all.

my route points to my firewall device.

As it should.

can yu please help me

Please describe any remaining problem you have the best you can, and we'll do our best to get you running smoothly.

--Nic