> Eric Shubert wrote:
> > Michael Colvin wrote:
> >> I'm curious...  Is it possible to setup QMT without implementing
> >> chkuser?  I
> >> know I should use it, and do, but I have a specific need for a server
> >> without that functionality on a temporary basis (Replacing a legacy
> >> server
> >> until I can migrate users to a full QMT infrastructure), and was
> >> wondering
> >> what was the easiest/best way to do it.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>

> >> Michael J. Colvin
> >> NorCal Internet Services
> >> www.norcalisp.com
> >>

> > It's primarily a patch file included in the qmail-toaster package.
> > You'd need to modify the .spec file to not include that patch. I think
> > that's all it would take. There are (also) some chkuser related
> > variables in tcp.smtp, but I don't think you would necessarily need to
> > remove them.
> >

> Correct. If you just remove the patch call in the %prep directive, it
> will not apply that patch.
> Can I ask what you're trying to accomplish? There may be another way to
> get what you want.

I have some legacy QMR servers that are acting mainly as spam filters.  They
are set up to accept all mail sent to them (rcpthosts permitting of course),
filter the mail (Mainly SpamDyke) then forward to customer mail servers
(Other QMR servers or their Exchange servers).

Some of the domains I'm filtering for, I don't have a complete list of all
of their e-mail accounts, nor do I have a web GUI in place to allow them to
provide that information, but I'm trying to move these services off of the
existing hardware onto VM's.  The boxes have also become unstable over the
years, so I'm hesitant to simply convert them from Physical to Virtual.  I'd
rather start fresh with a couple QMT's set up as VM's, and migrate those
services off of the legacy stuff to the QMT VM's, at least for now, while I
work on gathering all the e-mails, and potentially build a GUI for customer
management of their active e-mails, so that I can implement Chkuser again.

Perhaps there's a way to modify the MySQL query, or maybe an entry in a
table that would be a "Wildcard"?  Then I could leave the patch, and add
entries to the chkuser table as I confirm the e-mails??..??

Michael J. Colvin
NorCal Internet Services
www.norcalisp.com