On 12/29/2009 09:53 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
> I presume you're building the source from qtp with the blackberry fix in
> it (since my user is in the source).
>
> First off, I hope you're not planning on using FC11 on a production
> server.  A much better choice would be CentOS5 if that's feasible.
>
> That being said, it's very odd that the patch file isn't being applied
> successfully. Did you perhaps edit the patch file with a windows editor?
> (This would put CRLFs at the end of each line, which causes havoc)
>
> My testing host is unavailable at the momement. I hope to have it up by
> the end of the week. If you don't have a resulution by then I'll see if
> I can recreate your problem.
>
> Kevin Qiu - 邱波 wrote:
>
>> Hi list
>>
>> Could some one help me to fix this error?
>>
>> rpmbuild --rebuild --with fedora_11 src/qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.20.src.rpm
>> Installing src/qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.20.src.rpm
>> warning: user shubes does not exist - using root
>> warning: group shubes does not exist - using root
>> Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.SxMqya
>> + umask 022
>> + cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
>> + LANG=C
>> + export LANG
>> + unset DISPLAY
>> + cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
>> + rm -rf qmail-1.03
>> + /usr/bin/bzip2 -dc /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/qmail-1.03.tar.bz2
>> + /bin/tar -xf -
>> + STATUS=0
>> + '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
>> + cd qmail-1.03
>> + /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
>> + echo 'Patch #0 (qmailtoaster-1.3.1.patch.bz2):'
>> Patch #0 (qmailtoaster-1.3.1.patch.bz2):
>> + /usr/bin/bzip2 -dc /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/qmailtoaster-1.3.1.patch.bz2
>> + /usr/bin/patch -s -p0 --fuzz=0
>> + echo 'Patch #1 (qmail-chkuser.patch.bz2):'
>> Patch #1 (qmail-chkuser.patch.bz2):
>> + /usr/bin/bzip2 -dc /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/qmail-chkuser.patch.bz2
>> + /usr/bin/patch -s -p1 --fuzz=0
>> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file chkuser_settings.h.rej
>> 3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file chkuser_settings.h.rej
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.SxMqya (%prep)
>>

>> RPM build errors:
>> user shubes does not exist - using root
>> group shubes does not exist - using root
>> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.SxMqya (%prep)

It looks like you're building for Fedora 12 fro the patch fuzz setting.
This is an issue I'm working on now while trying to add Fedora 12
support. So far the Fedora guys are very unhelpful (borderline rude).
The consensus so far is that I need to re-diff all of the patches, which
I will get to once I get some free time.