Øystein Kjosavik wrote:
Now I have cleaned all fuse packages on my system. The outputs lock like this

rpm -q fuse
package fuse is not installed

I'd rather see:
# rpm -qa | grep fuse
but the yum command below should suffice.

yum list \*fuse\*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
 * addons: mirror.fysik.dtu.dk
 * base: mirror.fysik.dtu.dk
 * epel: fedora.uib.no
 * extras: mirror.fysik.dtu.dk
 * updates: mirror.fysik.dtu.dk
105 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Available Packages
diffuse.noarch
0.2.15-5.el5                                                     epel
fuse.i386
2.7.4-8.el5                                                      base
fuse-devel.i386
2.7.4-8.el5                                                      base
fuse-libs.i386
2.7.4-8.el5                                                      base
fuse-python.i386
0.2-12.el5                                                       epel
fuse-sshfs.i386
2.2-5.el5                                                        epel
libconfuse.i386
2.5-4.el5                                                        epel
libconfuse-devel.i386

Try:
# yum --enablerepo=qtp-centos --enablerepo=rpmforge list \*fuse\*
It should pick up the fuse package (v2.8) from the qtp repo.

yum clean all

qtp-newmodel
qtp-newmodel - updating toaster (mostly spamassassin) dependencies ...
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
Determining fastest mirrors
 * addons: mirror.ii.uib.no
 * base: mirror.ii.uib.no
 * epel: fedora.uib.no
 * extras: mirror.ii.uib.no
 * updates: mirror.ii.uib.no
addons
                                        |  951 B     00:00
addons/primary
                                        |  201 B     00:00
base
                                        | 2.1 kB     00:00
base/primary_db
                                        | 1.6 MB     00:02
epel
                                        | 3.4 kB     00:00
epel/primary_db
                                        | 2.3 MB     00:03
extras
                                        | 1.1 kB     00:00
extras/primary
                                        | 107 kB     00:00
extras
                                                       325/325
qtp-nodist
                                        |  951 B     00:00
qtp-nodist/primary
                                        | 2.8 kB     00:00
qtp-nodist
                                                           6/6
updates
                                        | 1.9 kB     00:00
updates/primary_db
                                        | 326 kB     00:00
utterramblings
                                        |  951 B     00:00
utterramblings/primary
                                        |  23 kB     00:00
utterramblings
                                                         69/69
105 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Update Process
Error: No Package Matching perl(Archive::Tar)

Would you like a unionfs/overlay sandbox? (recommended) [y]/n: Running in
background, replied 'yes'

Using FUSE union filesystem ...
qtp-mount-sandbox v0.3.3
qtp-mount-sandbox - installing  dkms-fuse fuse-unionfs ...
qtp-mount-sandbox - this could take a few moments - please be patient
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
 * addons: mirror.ii.uib.no
 * base: mirror.ii.uib.no
 * epel: fedora.uib.no
 * extras: mirror.ii.uib.no
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
 * updates: mirror.ii.uib.no
620 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package dkms-fuse.noarch 0:2.7.4-1.nodist.rf set to be updated
---> Package fuse-unionfs.i386 0:0.23-2.qtp set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: fuse >= 2.2 for package: fuse-unionfs
--> Processing Dependency: libfuse.so.2(FUSE_2.8) for package: fuse-unionfs
--> Processing Dependency: libfuse.so.2(FUSE_2.5) for package: fuse-unionfs
--> Processing Dependency: libfuse.so.2(FUSE_2.6) for package: fuse-unionfs
--> Processing Dependency: libfuse.so.2 for package: fuse-unionfs
--> Running transaction check
---> Package fuse.i386 0:2.7.4-8.el5 set to be updated
---> Package fuse-libs.i386 0:2.7.4-8.el5 set to be updated
---> Package fuse-unionfs.i386 0:0.23-2.qtp set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libfuse.so.2(FUSE_2.8) for package: fuse-unionfs
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
fuse-unionfs-0.23-2.qtp.i386 from qtp-CentOS has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libfuse.so.2(FUSE_2.8) is needed by package
fuse-unionfs-0.23-2.qtp.i386 (qtp-CentOS)
Error: Missing Dependency: libfuse.so.2(FUSE_2.8) is needed by package
fuse-unionfs-0.23-2.qtp.i386 (qtp-CentOS)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
qtp-mount-sandbox - installation of dependent packages failed
qtp-mount-sandbox - is your qmailtoaster-plus.repo package up to date?

qtp-newmodel - qtp-mount-sandbox failed, exiting

What "repository priority protections" do you have in place? I think that's what's causing your problem. yum is picking up the fuse package from the el5 repo, which isn't satisfying the FUSE_2.8 requirement. You need to install the fuse package from the qtp repository, not the el5 version. You can install fuse from the qtp repo manually, or change your yum configuration to allow it to be picked up from the qtp repo. After the proper fuse is installed, I believe qtp-newmodel with the unionfs will work for you.