OK.  I just ran queue_repair.py and the result I got had an ending that makes
me uncomfortable:
  checking directory queue/info/4...
  checking directory queue/info/5...
  checking directory queue/info/6...
  checking directory queue/info/7...
  checking directory queue/info/8...
  checking directory queue/info/9...
  checking directory queue/info/10...
  checking directory queue/info/11...
  checking directory queue/info/12...
  checking directory queue/info/13...
  checking directory queue/info/14...
  checking directory queue/info/15...
  checking directory queue/info/16...
  checking directory queue/info/17...
  checking directory queue/info/18...
  checking directory queue/info/19...
  checking directory queue/info/20...
  checking directory queue/info/21...
  checking directory queue/info/22...
checking files...
  queue/lock/trigger missing
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'queue/lock/trigger'
I was running it in a screen session, so the (copyable) text only goes back a
little way.

A run of the command <rpm -qa | grep toaster | sort> gives:
autorespond-toaster-2.0.4-1.3.6
clamav-toaster-0.95.2-1.3.30
control-panel-toaster-0.5-1.3.7
courier-authlib-toaster-0.59.2-1.3.10
courier-imap-toaster-4.1.2-1.3.10
daemontools-toaster-0.76-1.3.6
ezmlm-cgi-toaster-0.53.324-1.3.6
ezmlm-toaster-0.53.324-1.3.6
isoqlog-toaster-2.1-1.3.7
libdomainkeys-toaster-0.68-1.3.6
libsrs2-toaster-1.0.18-1.3.6
maildrop-toaster-2.0.3-1.3.8
maildrop-toaster-devel-2.0.3-1.3.8
qmailadmin-toaster-1.2.12-1.3.8
qmailmrtg-toaster-4.2-1.3.6
qmail-pop3d-toaster-1.03-1.3.19
qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.19
qmailtoaster-plus-0.3.1-1.4.11
qmailtoaster-plus.repo-0.1-1
ripmime-toaster-1.4.0.6-1.3.6
send-emails-toaster-0.5-1.3.7
simscan-toaster-1.4.0-1.3.8
spamassassin-toaster-3.2.5-1.3.17
squirrelmail-toaster-1.4.19-1.3.15
ucspi-tcp-toaster-0.88-1.3.9
vpopmail-toaster-5.4.17-1.3.7
vqadmin-toaster-2.3.4-1.3.6

This was up-to-date as of Jun 2009.  (I know I should keep it up more, but when
something works....)

Anyway, I'm going to see what happens if I start QMail again, but the end of
the output of the repair script shows something is missing.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Patrick M. Ring