As you're aware, there is some tuning involved with VMs. Please visit the wiki vmware page (http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/VMware) and let us know what you think. It's presently under construction, but I think Phil and I have a good start on it.

sysadmin wrote:
Thanks to all for the input,
My boss has this Idea that we could put Atomic Linux on all of our serevrs, not true so far.
Qmail and One installation of RHEL 5 just do not like it.

As for the VM`s, there is some over head, but geta decent enough server with tons of RAM and its working jast as goo if not better than stand alone servers. Our biggest is a Dell with 8 CPU`s ( not cores ) and 32Gb RAM

Thanks again.

Eric Shubert wrote:
Great for development, but I'm not sold on them for production hosts. I haven't actually used them at all, but my understanding is that performance suffers. Much like using an overlay filesystem.

Phil Leinhauser wrote:
Aren't snapshots GREAT!!!

BTW: For anyone using VM with Windows domain controllers, DO NOT snapshot DCs! Very bad juju happens when the old version comes back.