On 02/26/2010 06:28 PM, jim jackson wrote:
When tls fails why doesn't my qmt choose another method of delivery?

Because that would kind of defeat the purpose.... Look at it from a security point of view:
The Win machine says "Hey! I support secure connections!"
The QMT machine says" That's great! Let's get all secure and stuff"
Win: "Okay, here's my super secret handshake - oh wait, something's wrong"
QMT: "But you said this was going to be super secret secure - now you've changed your mind? I'm outta here, something is not right with this"

So in other words, the remote machine says it supports secure, but then something goes wrong. Since the QMT machine is expecting a secure connection and then does not get one, it errs on the side of caution - how is it to know there's not something in the middle intercepting data or compromising the situation, or whatever.