On 03/08/2010 10:20 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
Which VM are you talking about? I believe there was another one posted recently on the list.

As Andreas said, you can reset it fairly simply (boot single user). What would concern me more is the root pw for mysql. Can that be reset if you don't know the existing one?

Yeah, you can reset the mysql root password if you're logged in as root. Takes a couple steps, but I've used it myself when I worked on systems where the admins had never really documented anything.

I'm assuming he means the VM from iso.qmailtoaser.com.
I did not create the VM, so I'm downloading it now to see if there is a PDF in there with the password. There *used* to be, back when the VM was first created, but things change and it may have been left out.