Postmaster wrote:
Hi,

I recently can see an increase amount of duplicate e-mails on my qmailtoaster, which is very annoying. After searching through the archive, I found out that SpamAssassin/ClamAV are to blame.
SpamAssassin - 3.2.5 and ClamAV - 0.95.3
Is there any ready to go script to monitor spamassassin/ClamAV to know which is causing the problem? I do have DNBL checks which may network time out problems as well. What is the standard time out and
where do I change it? Any advice on time-out please?

Not really anything you can do with timeout, as it's the sender who is timing out because your QMT is taking too long to scan.

What are your scan times looking like?
How many messages are being scanned concurrently?
A sampling of your spamd log would help to answer these questions.

I am also running Qmailtoaster at a Linode VPS (360Mb) so memory is my issue.

Any recommendation/tuning advice/ideas welcome!

Are you running spamdyke? If not, installing it will lighten the load on your host because there will be a lot less to scan. Spamdyke typically rejects 80+% of messages before they're even received.

Regards
Alex