hi

sorry but your reply does not solve my problem.

people add email addresses to their address book and some times there are
errors which are bound to come up.

let us say my customer is sending to around 100 users and one of the id's
are incorrect -- the way i need to handle is either point out where the
error ie which email id is wrong, or alternatively let all the emails go
and the bad one to bounce. i don't want the customer to go thru every
single email id and try to figure out which one is wrong.

chkuser can definitely be disabled if required -- but what i need to do is
disable only mx check and that too only for a specific ip address those
emails that originate from within my server

thanks
rajesh