On 04/06/2010 04:06 AM, Peter Peltonen wrote:
My Qmailtoaster/Spamassassin has now started to mark real email
messages (like ones from Cron) as Spam.

Reading the Wiki, I guess I should use this script to teach it about ham:

# Learn ham!
cd /home/vpopmail/domains/$DOMAIN/$HAM/Maildir/cur
/usr/bin/sa-learn --ham ./*
rm -rf /home/vpopmail/domains/$DOMAIN/$HAM/Maildir/cur/*
cd /home/vpopmail/domains/$DOMAIN/$HAM/Maildir/new
/usr/bin/sa-learn --ham ./*
rm -rf /home/vpopmail/domains/$DOMAIN/$HAM/Maildir/new/*

Two questions about the process

1) Should I teach only the mislabeled messages or should I include
also other correctly labeled ham messages as well?

2) As which user should I run the script, root or vpopmail?

Regards,
Peter

It would be good to teach it both, and the wiki information is a little out of date - the script needs to be run with sudo vpopmail for the sa-learn command or su'ed to vpopmail. Otherwise you're just learning ham/spam for root, which will never be used since simscan calls it with vpopmail access.