Hey Amit,

I'm particularly interested in the --lint output which lists diag:, so I guess you could do:
# sudo -u vpopmail -H spamassassin -D --lint 2>&1 | grep "diag:"
That will show if modules that are used, and if any are missing.
From what Steve said though, I'm not sure it will show what all is missing with XML/SAX.

The stock QMT does not use LDAP of any kind (that I'm aware of, and I'm pretty sure about that). FWIW, I hope to introduce an LDAP option (in place of MySQL) once vpopmail 5.5 is fully available. I don't know of an estimated target date for that, but I expect it will be at least several months from now. I'll be happy if we see it by the end of this year.

Amit Dalia wrote:
Dear Eric/Steve,

Sorry I agree I should google first.

Eric: Please find output of command "sudo -u vpopmail -H spamassassin -D --lint" below:

[14326] dbg: rules: compiled meta tests
[14326] dbg: check: running tests for priority: 1000
[14326] dbg: rules: running head tests; score so far=4.205
[14326] dbg: rules: compiled head tests
[14326] dbg: rules: running body tests; score so far=4.205
[14326] dbg: rules: compiled body tests
[14326] dbg: rules: running uri tests; score so far=4.205
[14326] dbg: rules: compiled uri tests
[14326] dbg: rules: running rawbody tests; score so far=4.205
[14326] dbg: rules: compiled rawbody tests
[14326] dbg: rules: running full tests; score so far=4.205
[14326] dbg: rules: compiled full tests
[14326] dbg: rules: running meta tests; score so far=4.205
[14326] dbg: rules: compiled meta tests
[14326] dbg: check: is spam? score=4.205 required=5
[14326] dbg: check: tests=MISSING_DATE,MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_SUBJECT,NO_RECEIVED,NO_RELAYS [14326] dbg: check: subtests=__HAS_MSGID,__MISSING_REF,__MSGID_OK_DIGITS,__MSGID_OK_HOST,__MSOE_MID_WRONG_CASE,__NONEMPTY_BODY,__SANE_MSGID,__SARE_WHITELIST_FLAG,__TVD_BODY,__UNUSABLE_MSGID

There was lot more but I thought to post last few line, if require will post complete output.

Also I found that perl-LDAP module depands on perl-XML-SAX. Does QMT perl-LDAP module(I don't think so)?

Regards,

Amit

At Wednesday, 28-04-2010 on 0:21 Eric Shubert wrote:

    Steve Huff wrote:
     > On Apr 27, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
     >
     >> Perhaps there's another XML parser that is used if XML::SAX
    doesn't exist? I can only speculate. I expect that there are others
    on the list that know better than I do about this.

     > it's the other way around; that error message indicates that
    XML::SAX is falling back to its built-in pure-Perl parser, and the
    fix is to install a better one (or to take action that indicates to
    XML::SAX that yes, you really do want it to use the pure-Perl
    parser). it's all in the FAQ.

     > -shuff
     >
     > --

    Ah, I see. That makes sense. I read the FAQ but that wasn't clear to me.

    I still wonder though which package Amit could be missing.
    Amit, can you post the result of:
    # sudo -u vpopmail -H spamassassin -D --lint

-- -Eric 'shubes'