Thomas M. Jaeger wrote:
Just a head’s up... I just tried to do an update through qtp-menu (running latest qtp) and it said no new packages available when running the up2date script and “Newer clamav-toaster-0.96.0-1.3.35 is already installed, clamav-toaster-0.96.1-1.3.35 bypassed” when trying through the newmodel script. Maybe this is because the newer version of ClamAV was just posted today and there’s been a typo when calling for the packages with qtp? I will wait to update tomorrow or late tonight.

Thanks, again, for all the hard work you are doing!

Thomas M. Jaeger

Computer Technician, A.A.S.

tho...@barharbor.com <mailto:tho...@barharbor.com>

thomasmjae...@roadrunner.com <mailto:thomasmjae...@roadrunner.com>

The convention in the past has been that when the package version upticks, the QMT portion upticks as well. Looks as though Jake didn't uptick the QMT portion this time.

Here's the deal. qtp-newmodel only looks at the QMT portion of the version number, because it's consistent and thus easier to deal with. qtp-newmodel (perhaps erroneously) sees 0.96.1-1.3.35 as not newer than 0.96.0-1.3.35 since they're both 1.3.35, but since as a whole they're not equal it then concludes that the installed version is newer. Sorta goofy, but that's what it does.

Hey Jake, would you like to recreate the 0.96.1 package as 1.3.36? I think that'll be simpler than trying to re-do how QTP does version comparisons.