From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: Tuesday, 8 June 2010 3:20 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: POP3 Authentication issues on CentOS 5.5 64Bit

Sorry for the blank post. Although it does reflect what I'm coming up
with on this. ;)

IPv6 related perhaps? I really have no idea though. I haven't used the
GUI on a server for quite some time. ;)

You might try the CentOS IRC for this one.

Mike Canty wrote:
> Eric,
>       I have found out more information.
>
> It must be firewall related somewhere.  The firewall is off (iptables) but
> still cannot get access.
>
> However, I did notice that the CentOS firewall (in the GUI - Security and
> Firewall settings), was set to "Enabled", even though the iptables service
> was off.  So I "Disabled" this setting, applied and restarted the box.
Mail
> on port 110 then started working.
>
> After making sure this was appropriate, I then started iptables.  Mail on
> port 110 stopped working.  I then stopped iptables, but port 110 still
> refuses to work.  If I change the incoming port to SSL (995), it works, so
> port 110 is being blocked by something apart from iptables.
>
> Do you know of other areas that CentOS 64bit keeps firewall type
> information?
>
> And thank you in advance for your support.
>
> Cheers

     For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com