On 06/13/2010 06:35 PM, Scott Hughes wrote:

On 6/13/10 1:05 PM, Andreas Galatis wrote:
Am Sunday 13 June 2010 17:20:03 schrieb Scott Hughes:
For those of you that have followed Jake's QMT Replication video and had
success with it, I have a question:

1) I have set up both databases and mysql claims that it is connected
and working, however I cannot find any domains on the second server.  I
tried to log in to one of the postmaster accounts on the second server
and no luck.  I tried to check for domains and users on the second
server using admin-toaster but nothing is there.  I did do the step
where I dumped the database and then imported it into the new
(secondary) server.  I'm stumped!  I am not sure where to begin
troubleshooting this one.

Any suggestions?

Scott
Hi scott,
After loading the sqldump in the new server, do you see any domain-data in
mysql? Did you set the appropriate rights on the vpopamail- databese?
(show tables as vpopmail-user with vpopmail- password?)

Andreas

It gets more and more interesting! When I run the sync-qmail script manually (as root) it runs with no issues. When it runs as a cron job also as root, I get the following errors for all of the syncs:

Fatal error: Warning: inconsistent state.
The archive file is missing on some hosts.
For safety, the remaining copies should be deleted.
Archive ar08f63893a0728fbfdd39fa79e294763c on host mail.DOMAINNAME.net is MISSING Archive ar08f63893a0728fbfdd39fa79e294763c on host mail.DOMAINNAME.net should be DELETED
Please delete archive files as appropriate and try again.

This is the last (I hope!) error to work out. Everything else seems to be working as it should. I guess when you make something more complicated, these kind of errors are going to happen. Sheeeesh

Are you just running it, or have you edited it? If you view the file, you'll see that one set of commands was for the initial sync, and the rest were for after that initial sync (you need to edit the file to change which step you're on). Delete the file it says to delete and run it again. Go and read more on the sync'ing portion so you have an understanding of how it is all supposed to work.