*From:* Digital Instruments [mailto:toasterl...@digital-instruments.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, 22 July 2010 4:39 PM
*To:* qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
*Subject:* Re: [qmailtoaster] Very strange and huge problem with port 25 and Qmailtoaster

The funny thing is that i haven't change nothing at all.
Is it possible i have been blacklisted on port 25 by zen spamhouse?

Also another problem happened yesterday, in the noon, we could not recieve e-mail from pop3 and ppl who recieved them were delayed by 30 minutes.

Nothing special on logs the only strange thing i can see is in /var/log/qmail/smtp, this line: vchkpw-smtp: vchkpw is only for talking with qmail-popup and qmail-pop3d. It is not for runnning on the command line.

Telnet port 25 today gives:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 server1.isocast.it - Welcome to Qmail Toaster Ver. 1.3 SMTP Server ESMTP

Yesterday was giving both on localhost and remote the same messages given to you.

So.. i can't really understand what's going on...

Il 21/07/2010 16.17, Jake Vickers ha scritto:

On 07/21/2010 08:12 AM, Digital Instruments - Toaster List wrote:

Greetings List,
I'm running from 4 years qmail greatly without many problems, but today something very very bad happened.

>From this morning i can't send any e-mail from port 25 no matter if it's internal or external address. its not send at all.
I think something is blocking port 25 cause from IMAP i can send e-mail.

Can anyone help me, please? I need to have this port 25 working back.

IMAP does not send email. You can only send email on ports 25 and 587 with a stock Qmailtoaster. You have something going on - when telnetting to port 25, I do not receive a welcome banner:
[j...@jake-lapbox ~]$ time telnet mail.digital-instruments.com 25

Trying 79.14.157.43...
Connected to mail.digital-instruments.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

real    0m0.381s
user    0m0.000s
sys    0m0.004s

But without more information it's almost impossible to even guess at what the problem may be. What recently changed? Can you show us logs? What do you get when you telnet to port 25 at the localhost? Is there something in the network that may be intercepting this traffic?

Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo. Controllato da AVG -www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> Versione: 9.0.851 / Database dei virus: 271.1.1/3019 - Data di rilascio: 07/21/10 08:36:00

Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 9.0.851 / Database dei virus: 271.1.1/3020 -  Data di rilascio:
07/21/10 20:36:00