I'm using Untangle in my network but I prefer not to use Anti-Spam
feature of the same. Instead I use SPAMDYKE on my QMT server.

Regards,

Amit

At Monday, 02-08-2010 on 4:15 Patrick Ring wrote:

I have often felt Untangle needed a bit more cpu than most appliances
should, but I've been pleased with it on my office-only network which
is
why I asked what some here may think.

I guess this confirms my feelings that Untangle is best suited for a
small-med business firewall and content control appliance than just a
dedicated SPAM/virus filter.

As for Spamdyke, I figured it would be best suited to function
directly
on the permimeter of the mail network (because of what it does).
Would
you suggest putting Spamdyke on a dedicated box that relays mail in,
or
just run it on my QMT boxes directly?

I'm not familiar with IPCop at all. I'll have to look at what it
does.

Thanks,
Patrick M. Ring
P. Ring Technologies