Kent Busbee wrote:
I am trying to set up dual delivery with gmail and qmail. MX is pointing to google and all messages are being copied to qmail, thus emails in both places nicely. However, messages sent from within qmail (squirrelmail) to locals are not going out to the gmail MX. How can I copy those messages out (and without creating a loop)? I tried setting the google mx in smtproutes, but it does not work.

[r...@mail control]# vim smtproutes
[r...@mail control]# qmailctl cdb
Reloaded /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp
Reloaded /var/qmail/control/badmimetypes.cdb
Reloaded /var/qmail/control/badloadertypes.cdb
Reloaded /var/qmail/control/simversions.cdb
Reloaded /var/qmail/control/simcontrol.cdb
[r...@mail control]# qmailctl stop
Stopping qmail-toaster: svscan qmail logging.
[r...@mail control]# qmailctl start
Starting qmail-toaster: svscan.
[r...@mail control]# cat /var/qmail/control/smtproutes
northlakechristian.org:SPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM <http://PMX.L.GOOGLE.COM>
[r...@mail control]#

qmail-send sees that local messages are local, so it doesn't get to the point of checking MX (why would it?), it simply passes the messages on to qmail-local.

I think you should point your MX to the primary mail server for the domain (QMT). Then configure the QMT accounts to send a copy to gmail. Then everything would go both places.

In addition, having your MX point to gmail defeats the effectiveness of spamdyke.